Job of Assistant Professor in Organizational Behavior at MASARYK UNIVERSITY
Department: Department of Business Economics – Faculty of Economics and Administration
Deadline: November 27, 2022
Start date: between January 1 and March 1, 2023
Type of employment: full time
Working area: Education and schooling
INVITATION TO APPLICATIONS
The Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration at Masaryk University invites applications for the following position:
Assistant Professor in Organizational Behavior
The Department of Business Economics at Masaryk University is looking for a highly motivated and experienced (tenure-track) full-time (40 hours per week) Assistant Professor with a clear research focus, publications in highly reputable international journals and an established network of collaborators from top European universities. The successful candidate will collaborate in the teaching of compulsory and optional courses in organizational behavior and human resources management.
The position is designed to allow the candidate to work in an established team and also to pursue their research program and develop new research projects. Active participation in teaching (lectures and tutoring) is an integral part of the job.
What does the position consist of?
- Publication in leading academic journals in the field of business and management,
- active collaboration with other members of the department,
- develop international cooperation with leading universities in Europe,
- the search for external research grants,
- participation in the teaching of bachelor’s and master’s courses in the business management program with a workload of 7-9 hours per week,
- supervision of bachelor’s and master’s theses.
What do we need ?
- doctorate in the field of Business Administration, Management, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Psychology, or related field,
- teaching experience at the university level,
- publications in reputable journals in the field of Business, management, applied psychology or experimental psychology,
- experience of collaborating with researchers from reputable universities,
- ability to teach and communicate in English (at least level B2),
- interest in staying at the faculty for at least 3 years,
- the earliest contract start date is January 1, 2023; a later start date can be negotiated.
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) assistant professor position (tenure track) at one of the top-ranked universities in the Central and Eastern European region,
- the possibility of cooperation within the European network of EDUC universities,
- research and teaching collaboration with head of department Jakub Prochazka (researcher ID B-9959-2011),
- support for experienced project and grant departments,
- an initial 3-year contract (with possible extension and tenure),
- an initial salary of 40,000 – 50,000 CZK/month (around 1,600 – 2,000 EUR) + bonuses (the median salary in the Czech Republic is around 34,000 CZK/month),
- opportunities for professional growth (e.g. academic seminar series, internships, exchanges, participation in research projects),
- flexible working hours and occasional work from home to meet personal family and career needs,
- wide range of social benefits (e.g. 8 weeks of paid vacation per year, contribution to retirement savings, language courses, university cinema, exclusive mobile rate, sports activities, vaccination),
- relocation assistance and assistance from the Office of International Personnel (ISO),
- friendly and international working environment,
- opportunity to work and live in a modern and safe city close to three European capitals, Vienna, Prague and Bratislava.
About the workplace
Masaryk University (MUNI) is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a strong commitment to high-quality research and education. The university provides an inspiring research and teaching environment for its 35,000 students and 5,500 employees.
MUNI is located in the university town of Brno, Czech Republic. Based on the most recent data from the OECD Better Life Index, the Czech Republic ranks just after the United States and the United Kingdom. Proximity to nature and other historical cities (e.g. Prague, Vienna, Budapest), a variety of cultural and entertainment attractions and optimal personal safety make Brno one of the top 100 university cities in the world according to students. More details can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kal6NSc_Nc
The Department of Business Economics is part of Masaryk University, offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral study programs in business management. The department is developing a multidisciplinary center of expertise to offer both fundamental and applied research. The department’s research activities include R&D investment and performance feedback; Continuity and performance of family businesses; Classification, attitudes and decision-making of customers; New business models in the circular economy; Positive management of human resources; Business value of information systems; Knowledge management in projects and others. The department’s website is at the link: https://www.econ.muni.cz/en/about-us/organizational-structure/562000-deptof-corporate-economy
Application and selection procedure
The request must be submitted online before November 27, 2022, via an electronic application (Please use the link in the e-Application section below).
The candidate must provide the following:
- Academic CV, including a summary of professional experience, involvement in research projects and a description of teaching experience over the past 5-10 years,
- ResearcherID and a link to an updated WoS author profile (please include ID and link in CV),
- a list of current international collaborations (names, institutions, type of collaboration) with a focus on collaborations with high-level European universities,
- a cover letter explaining the candidate’s motivation for the position only at Masaryk University and the Czech Republic.
After successfully submitting your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
For more information about the position and the department, please contact Head of Department Jakub Prochazka, email: mailto:[email protected]
If you need help uploading your application or have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact HR Department Manager Jana Levá, Email: [email protected]
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of their personal background. The selection process is based on an open and transparent merit-based recruitment policy. Masaryk University does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or decisions based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or orientation sexual. The faculty holds the HR Excellence Award.
Workplace: Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: 3-year contract with possible extension and tenure-track academic position
EU researcher profile: R2
Business hours: 1 FTE (full-time job of 40 hours per week)
Expected start date: between January 1 and March 1, 2023
Number of open positions: 1
Registration deadline: November 27, 2022
We look forward to hearing from you!
Brno, October 24, 2022
Teacher. Msgr. Jiří Špalek, Ph.D.
The Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration