Regional Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development – Senegal
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization of the worldwide federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental organization for social development, we support children deprived of parental care and families in difficult living conditions through reception, education, health and emergency services, and we defend the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a wide variety of partners. We work in 136 countries and territories, reaching more than one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
To support us in this important responsibility, we are now looking for a committed:
Regional Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development
Location: Dakar – SENEGAL
The Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development leads GSC’s support and development in the areas of HROD to support the achievement of organizational goals.
The Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development oversees close work with Member Associations (MAs) to build their capacity and support the implementation of HR and OD strategic objectives and international policies in the MA. S/he leads the HROD network in the region and works towards seamless deployment and execution of global policies, processes and projects and translating them into regional requirements as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, implement and monitor the implementation of HR strategy, HR policies and guidelines in the regional office and Mas
- Ensure the deployment and monitoring of the SOS compensation system in the regional offices (ROs) and MAs
- Drive strategic workforce planning in MAs and region
- Support the International Director, Region with expertise, advice and control in the areas of HROD and organizational development in the MA and GSC offices
- Responsible for supporting PAs in meeting HRD international quality standards and guidelines. of employees in HR & OD
- Ensure training programs are in place for MA colleagues
- Recruit regional management in accordance with the process approved by the management team
- Implement performance management and recruitment standards in regions and MAs and monitor implementation
- Pilot and implement a program of cultural and human change in the regions and MAs
- Adapt international HR concepts to local needs and set up support actions if necessary
- Support the regional director and the international representative of SOS Children’s Villages (CVI representative) in the development of the implementation of good governance in the MAs and contribute to their further development
- Drive the implementation of good management and accountability standards in MAs and CVI units
- Support the creation of national legal entities and the registration and modification of national statutes
- Monitor local legal compliance and recommend actions to national directors/boards
- Ensure regular HR reporting and data maintenance for regional needs
- Ensure the administration of human resources at the regional office
- Consult and build capacity of regional office and MAs
- Ensure the effective functioning of internal communication in the regional offices / MA, ensuring that the SOS brand is taken into account and strongly linked to the strategy
- Lead the function’s team of colleagues in the region, manage performance and ensure the development of direct reports
- Master’s degree in human resources management / law / social sciences or any relevant degree related to the position
- 10 years of HR/OD management experience in a leadership position in an international context and university-level training in a relevant field
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in French and English
- Ability to build strong relationships/networks and to work and cooperate effectively
- Virtual management skills and knowledge of collaboration tools
- Proven implementation skills and dynamic approach
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experience in change management processes
- Travel flexibility required (approximately 100 days/year, including remote unsecured areas.)
- Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international work environment
- Opportunity to make a meaningful and positive contribution
- Competitive compensation and excellent development opportunities
- In accordance with the organization’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
What we stand for:**
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and combats the abuse and exploitation of children. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, whether inside or outside our organization, and always respond to any cases of actual, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of activity. influence according to its nature. Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, assist in prevention, encourage reporting and facilitate response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counseling to measures such as suspension, dismissal and legal action.
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a safe working environment for our staff, children and young people and the communities for which we work. The organization prohibits harassment, exploitation and abuse by or of any employee, supervisor, director, child, youth, community, contractor, candidate or other individual with whom SOS Children’s Villages employees come into contact because of of their work. All employees must carry out their duties in accordance with our prevention and protection against sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse policy.
In addition, SOS Children’s Villages applies zero tolerance regarding any situation of fraud. The organization does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to register
If you are interested in this position, please send your application accompanied by your CV, your Letter of Motivation including 3 professional referents, a copy of your diplomas and your criminal record by September 11, 2022 at the latest via this link:
Regional Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development to Dakar | Careers at IOR WCNA – Dakar (icims.com)
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.